Offering Unique & Skilled Family Law Representation
The family law attorneys at Knies, Helland & McPherson Law offer a wide variety of family law services to residents of Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas. Our family lawyers partner with each client we take to effectively come up with an approach that would work for their situation and family. We carefully listen to our clients’ goals and concerns and then create a customized plan for each client. We have worked with hundreds of families and offer a wide variety of services to help your legal goals.
The Colorado Springs family law attorneys at Knies, Helland & McPherson Law care about our clients’ well-being in addition to the success of their case. We take extra considerations with the emotional health of our clients. Our office offers the presence of emotional support dogs to accompany any client or potential client throughout our office meetings. We want everyone to feel comfortable while we guide you toward our recommended course of action.
Our Family Law Services
At Knies, Helland & McPherson Law, our Colorado Springs family lawyers offer a wide variety of legal services to our clients. We are well-versed in all areas of family law and provide skilled and knowledgeable services to our clients.
Call our office today at (719) 626-8530 to schedule your consultation with a Colorado Springs family law attorney.
Our Colorado Springs family lawyers can help you with:
- Child Custody: Custody issues can be complicated and stressful. Our Colorado Springs family law attorneys will guide you through this process to help ease the tension between you and your former partner. Additionally, we will help you create a custody arrangement that would work best for your children.
- Child Support: Child support arrangements are an important part of divorce proceedings as well as couples who share custody. We will work with all parties involved to help determine a payment amount and schedule that helps the child and receiving parent.
- Common Law Marriage: Colorado is one of few states that still recognizes common law marriage. Our Colorado Springs family lawyers will help you establish your marriage in the eyes of the law and secure all relevant marital benefits.
- Divorce: Perhaps one of the most emotionally charged legal issues, divorce can be a challenging process to get through. We will collaborate with you to get through this process as quickly as possible.
- Legal Separation: Sometimes spouses wish to part ways but remain married. Our Colorado Springs family law attorneys can help you and your partner create a separation agreement that works for your situation.
- Military Divorce: Couples wishing to complete a military divorce must complete steps not present in a civilian divorce. Our Colorado Springs family lawyers have extensive experience with military law and can help you complete this process.
- Same Sex Divorce: In 2015, the Supreme Court made it legal for same sex couples to marry each other in every state in the United States. Our Colorado Springs family law attorneys are well-versed in LGBTQ issues and laws and can help you and your partner complete the divorce process.
- Other Services: Our Colorado Springs family lawyers believe in finding a legal solution that works best for your situation. Sometimes these solutions may involve alternative resolutions such as mediation or legal advising.
The partners and attorneys at Knies, Helland & McPherson are seasoned litigators with decades of combined courtroom experience. We help clients transition into the next phase of their life.
Clients Come First
Our Attorneys believe you can part ways with a loved one with dignity and respect, without harming your children. They also believe divorce and mediation can be much less confrontational and toxic, and far less expensive.
When you work with our team, you will get a customized plan that best fits your unique situation. No two cases are the same and our attorneys understand this.
As Mothers and friends, our approach is unique in that we work collectively as a team. Our firm's number one priority is the success of our clients. We strongly believe that the best outcomes come about when we collaborate.